March 30, 2017

April Lilli Design Team: Mixed Media Bookmarks.


The Lovely Day "tag paper" called to me all month long. I wanted to make bookmarks but wondered what I would do with eight of them. Then I had the idea to make them and send them out to my friends, some new and some old friends. After knowing that they wouldn't go to waste I started and went all in: gesso, structure paste, stencils, stamps, neocolor crayons, washi tape, stickers, die cuts, everything I had in my stash was put to use. I have never done art journaling and mixed media and just wanted to try and play. These bookmarks seemed to be a great way to start without being overwhelming. I totally love how they turned out!



There are still two days left in March, so go ahead and get some or all of the Lovely Day collection in the April Lilli Shop where it is this month's featured collection and 20% off. There is a video on youtube where I show you what I made this month and also how much there is still left. Hope you go and check it out: Dear Lizzy: Lovely Day - projects and kill-a-kit!

2 comments:

  1. Great way to put the leftover to use! If you are concerned about wear and tear, might want to cover them in clear contact paper. Have made bookmarks from some of the kids art this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bookmarks are stunning! love all the layers and creativity (you even used the CD sticker on their packages). What a great way to stashbust.

    ReplyDelete